Sunday, July 15, 2012

From the stash

This week saw me working from my fabric stash and studiously avoiding a trip to my local fabric store! Before you ask... no, I haven't added another resolution for 2012. I'm just anticipating a fair bit of fabric being purchased next week on a road trip!

I made some placemats from a collection of fat quarters... Pumpkin & Spice by Moda. I loved them when I bought them, but they're not the usual colours I work with. They hung out in my stash, as impulse purchases often do!



I whipped these up from a tutorial over at Pink Penguin... I can see me making more for gifts or when my quilt guild sends out it's annual call for holiday placemats for Meals on Wheels. I kept the quilting simple... straight(ish) lines alternating between 1/4 and a 1/2 apart.

The next project was also made from a fat quarter collection... one bought by my mom... hence, the colours that also aren't typical for me. It's Haru Kaze from In the Beginning - a pink and pastel-y asian print collection.



The pattern's from Karla Alexander's book Colour Shuffle... it's a cut and shuffle technqiue that makes for one of a kind blocks. Just had to throw in some Kona solids to stretch out those fat quarters. I'm not sure yet how to quilt... gotta branch out from straight quilting on the diagonal.

With any luck, I'll have some fabric purchases to report on next time!

Thanks for reading!

J


1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see a new post. Have fun on that road trip!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html