A couple years ago, Q-A made a list. A considerable list. It was of all the unfinished (and some un-started) projects floating around her sewing room. She decided that she wasn't going to start any new projects until she had finished her UFO list. I'm not sure if she's finished off her list yet, but she's stuck with it. She generally only starts new projects that have a purpose (gifts, charity, etc.).
I'm not bound to the list in any way... I can begin new project whenever I like. But it is a good reminder of what's tucked away needing completion. This year's list is soon to be posted!
It has three sections: UFO's, Wanna do's, and Christmas do's. UFO's are UnFinished Objects. Some have been around for quite some time... Child's Play was likely begun sometime in the early 2000's. Maybe this year will be the year it moves off the list! The Jewel Squares may morph into a different project; they began as a full size quilt and could easily become blocks for baby quilts.
I knocked a lot of projects off the list in 2012 - including a this Kaleidescope Bali (a graduation present for honourary Q-Square SuperKate)..
- Child’s Play – needs to be layered & quilted – donate to IWK? Sell?
- Jewel Squares (Kaffe Fassett) – finish paper pieced blocks, etc.
- Sashiko fish – finish appliqué & sashiko stitching, construct
- Qui-vet for spare room – add duvet backing & finish edges
- C & S’s wedding quilt – MUST start!
- Mariner’s Lunch Box Challenge – Finish by Spring 2013
- Madame P’s retirement quilt - Yet to be started, finish by June 2013
- Miss K's birthday quilt – Yet to be started, finish by July 2013
- Canadian Guiding quilt (as second camp blanket)
- Small seasonal quilts for the classroom (Back to school, spring, summer, New Year's, Chinese New Year)
- Guide Law quilt
- Project using Kona solids
Here's the photo set on Flickr It's not exactly a tutorial, but I think I can make it work.
Hope you'll come back on the second Wednesday of next month to see how the UFO's have progressed!