Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Stash - A moment of weakness...

Admit it. Sometimes you just want something.
 
There's no practicality involved. There's no plan. For me this time, it was this ginormous FQ stack of Cotton & Steel. This fabric line has been plastered all over the quilty blogosphere for months. When I walked into a semi-local fabric shop last Monday, there it was. I've become part of the fabric trend borg. Resistance was futile.

This pack consists of the available colours in the three Basics prints. First up, Netorious. Even the name makes me smile.
 Then, XOXO. How wicked would a plus quilt of these look?
Last up, Dottie. Some of the dots are white, others silver or gold. I'm not ga ga about the gold ones, but it never hurts to branch out.
And to top it all off, 30+ of the 40 pieces have selvage. I am a junkie. I accept that moniker. It is what it is.
Weak, so weak. And egged on by bee-mates. A deadly combination to be sure.
I'm linking up with the fabulous Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash. It's not glitter, Molli, but damn, it makes me happy.

Did you add anything to your stash this week that makes you just plain happy?

J

20 comments:

  1. I really love the basics from the Cotton and Steel collection. The prints, not so much (Ooh, ahh. Did I just say that? I must be the only one in the quilting universe that isn't a superly huge fan). The basics are stunning. I also love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't blame you! I would have done the same if I could hold of some in a local shop. Luckily they don't stock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics, I can see why you bought them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just have to go with the urge and jump in. Looks like it was so worth the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The basics are yum! I'm hoping to pick some up in the next few weeks. Enjoy your fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing. I share your weakness! I wanted a F8 bundle from modernquilter's etsy shop, but when I went to place my order, it was gone. I figured, what the heck. My FQ bundle arrived last week. I feel the same way about the gold dots, but I agree about branching out and trying something new! Have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so get it! And if you're going to jump in with both feet, why not some Cotton and Steel. Mine arrives next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not crazy about C&S myself but the basics are awesome. I advocate for splitting them up, though. I dare you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - the borg. Love it! Enjoy your splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be getting some of the basics. I'm a fan of those. The other prints, meh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The basics are awesome. Of course I need to know where this semi local shop is...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sort of HAD to buy these. The basics are so amazing I've already gone to them multiple times. Plus picture them with Kona solids! This was not a moment of weakness. It was a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. guilty as charged...but you know you wanted it before we "encouraged" you LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anja, we did not really even have to encourage her, we just put a few things at the check out and she bought them, easy peasy!!! Baaa haa haaa. It was a blast!

      Delete
  14. I like them all!! Even the gold, although they could have just used white and silver and then I would love them all.

    And on the same excursion, I may have bought a jelly roll of all things that makes pretty giddy with excitement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What semi local shop? I just ordered some of these basics with my fabric spot coupon I won from Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty :) Someday I will buy a pretty looking bundle like that....but then I may have a difficult time actually using it. I just love looking at those pretty bundles :) Yay for treating yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are beautiful fabrics! Embrace the gold, or send them my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That fabric would be completely and absolutely impossible to resist. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to see quilts made with cotton and steel fabrics as I am just "not feeling it" with this new design collection. I need some inspiration before buying. I do love the "salvages" however! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html