In the top left, there's my Underwater quilt. Thanks to this tutorial helpfully offered by Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts, I've decided to do a pieced matching binding. Sadly, I haven't managed to find the brain space to get to work on it. Maybe next week...
Then there's a little Kona strip quilt... it started out as this lovely pile of Konas. There's Breakers, Pool, Teal Blue, Caribbean, Azure, Ultra Marine, Bahama Blue, Aqua, Capri and Robin Egg. Let's just say there's not much teal/blue left in the scrap bin!
And last, but certainly not least, the final blocks of Skill Builder 2014. So much paper piecing... so many itty bitty pieces. The iron has 48 separate bits. The sewing machine - 46! And the quilt block has 52. Go ahead... do the mental math. I'll wait.
Yup. 146 pieces in 3 blocks!!! But they're finally finished, layered, and ready to quilt!
All that fiddly paper piecing made me crave some improv. I also happen to owe a lucky reader (Kitty from Night Quilter) a giveaway prize. Off I went to my stash to find a print... then a root through my Kona scrap to match those lovely little dots.
I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts and WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced. Pop on over and see what the gang's working on this week!