Sunday, March 08, 2015

The Mother of All Sunday Stashes

Okay... I went a little overboard. Take a deep breath, dear readers. You are about to be overwhelmed by fabric-y goodness. Feel free to pet your screen (or come over for a visit, cuddle a twin, and pet it in person).

It all started when I decided I could no longer do without the new Kona colour card and that I deserved a little treat for all the long hours I've been working. LOL.
 
Don't worry... they're not all for me. I did a public service and ordered on behalf of some of my MMQG peeps. It's the length of my ironing board - Six pages of Kona-y goodness! If you're looking for one of your own, check out Fabric Spot (They're found, oddly enough, in the book section!)
And dang it all... didn't some Cotton & Steel fall into my virtual cart? Oops! Oooohhh... ViewFinders!
And then Sew Sisters had a flash sale... 20% off all yardage. AND I had a gift certificate. A deadly combination to be sure. I started out with a selection of Kona 2014 colours.
 
Malibu, Titanium, Heliotrope, Grasshopper, and Limelight. And then this caught my eye - a mini Hex'nMore ruler. Do I have a project in mind? Nope! ☺
And then some Ann Kelle prints fell into my virtual shopping basket. How does this keep happening? Those bunnies will make some very cute Easter clothes! And the unicorns? Well, they're unicorns. Enough said.
Flannel pirate jammie pants, anyone? I see some BBBP (Big Butt Baby Pants) in my future! BT is gonna love these!
 
 Ah... kiddie prints have such lovely selvages!
The second installment of my Christmas present from the Z's rolled in too! Another FQ bundle from Fridays Off Fabric Shop.
There's Adornit's Patchwork Arrow in White and Acorns Falling in Blue, as well as some Dear Stella Confetti Dots in Tomato. Don't you just love these Lewis & Irene Foxes in Red, Brown, and Grey?
And the lovely owner, Alanna, made a special effort to include some tasty selvages. Talk about special! Thanks, Alanna!
I think my fav of this bundle might be Patchwork Arrow's chevron-y-ness. Reminds me of a certain pillow I've been working on!

And then my actual birthday rolled around. And Patch Halifax had a SALE! I just happened to be there for a MMQG meeting. This print from Carol Friedlander's Doe line called to me!
As did this Cotton & Steel print on lawn. I've already made it into an infinity scarf! It didn't last 24 hours as yardage (or meterage... we are metric after all!)
Guess what else happens on one's birthday at my LQS? Double discount! Yup... this pile of Kona 2014 colours happened.
 
Top to bottom: Watermelon, Grellow, Niagra, Astral, Gumdrop, Geranium (and I picked up some Cabbage a couple days later!)

I've got two options here.
1) Blame everything on the Month of the Dark Lord (as February is known at my place of work). It's a dark, dark time and needs the acquisition of fabric to perk things up.

2) Own the fact that I bought myself a big ole pile of fabric-y goodness to celebrate my birthday month.

Either way, I am linking up this colossal treasure trove of fabrics with Sunday Stash hosted by the incomparable Molli Sparkles!
Molli Sparkles 
Yesterday when I stepped out into the March sunshine, it sure did feel like spring was here. We'll see if I need to keep self-medicating with fabric...

J

15 comments:

  1. ah! Spring splurges! It HAS been a long winter! lovely! goodness- four exclamation points ? as I said, looong winter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooo. Such delicious indulgences! Your birthday is the perfect excuse. I wish I was close enough to come pet it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful treasures! Those little foxes are super precious....looking forward to seeing you use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome grouping of fabricy goodness you got! I really love the foxes and the Doe print you picked up. A Kona color card is so handy! You are going to have so much fun playing with all these beautiful selections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh....the mother load has landed. I am particularly fond of the Kona Kandy "grellow"... for some reason the word pleases me. Like Gruffalo. Same but different. Ok. Entirely different. Whatever.
    Grellow. Yes. Pirates. Yes. Foxes, not in soxes. Yes, yes and yes. And the Viewfinders. Please. YES!
    Twin cuddling would trump fabric petting anyday... I'm happy to cuddle so you could whip BT up some pants though...every boy needs a pirate on his butt!
    (*reset my blogger settings...again...can you yell back at me now? It's important that you are able to yell at me.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh....the mother load has landed. I am particularly fond of the Kona Kandy "grellow"... for some reason the word pleases me. Like Gruffalo. Same but different. Ok. Entirely different. Whatever.
    Grellow. Yes. Pirates. Yes. Foxes, not in soxes. Yes, yes and yes. And the Viewfinders. Please. YES!
    Twin cuddling would trump fabric petting anyday... I'm happy to cuddle so you could whip BT up some pants though...every boy needs a pirate on his butt!
    (*reset my blogger settings...again...can you yell back at me now? It's important that you are able to yell at me.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overboard, you say? Happy belated birthday and enjoy the stash, you deserve it!
    P.S. Love that Cotton and Steel one (the one you made into an infinity scarf)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Awesome birthday splurge. I want to come pet it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday. It's so wonderful to treat yourself. I love all the Kona. You are going to be one busy quilter. Waiting to see what these purchases will turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and have you been asked yet to be profiled on The Needle and Thread Network?
    Here's a link to see what's happening there. When I have a few moments I try to find Canadian's who are crafting, knitting,sewing, crocheting etc. in fibre. Let me know?
    carlithequilter @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could open a shop with all that fabric!! I want my birthday to be like yours, but somehow I doubt it will be. Have fun with that monster haul and be sure to show us what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all that fantastic stuff you've got! And the selvages are just so stinking cute these days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you think I can blame my recent purchases on the Month of the Dark Lord when it has been blazing summer sunshine here every day? My brain has cooked.
    And unicorns - enough said, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Mackerel Jenn! What a wonderful haul! Happy birthday to you! Those Kona cards are so beautiful, I could look at mine for hours! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. We MUST be sew sisters. Love your fabric haul, especially the new Kona colours and that card. And that Acorns Falling in Blue. Mmmm..... I have to say you deserve to treat yourself for your birthday. That justifies me doing the same this month, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html