Wednesday, April 08, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Springter Sewing

As I write this week's WIP post, here's the view from my studio window...

Yup. That's alleged spring in Nova Scotia. I didn't mind when 'ole Shubenacadie Sam predicted 6 more weeks of winter back on February 2nd, but we're approaching week 9 of the bonus round and most everyone I know is well and truly ready for spring. Springter... yup, that's what we're dealing with around here.

What sort of activities are suitable for a lovely Springter day? Not gardening. Not a walk in the park. Sewing? Yes, please! Q-Squared was at it again... this time over at Q-A's place. I brought a number of projects with me, but Extra Love Sewn In was my top priority. I kept the quilting simple on this one, but spiced it up by using a variety of pink threads. I know... so wild!
There was huge fall out when I whipped up a Geranium Dress for GT last month, but didn't make anything for BT. Not to worry... I just didn't think he'd dig on a dress. Instead, I made him a pair of Big Butt Baby Pants in a pretty-darned-cute-if-I-do-say-so-myself flannel pirate print! All they need now is a waist band and some elastic!

Then I got to work on some Union Jack blocks destined to travel all the way to Granny Maud's Girl in Australia. Don't worry... I didn't get mixed up and start thinking this was the Aussie flag. We're doing a little swap and she requested these!
I managed two of four pieces of the Union Jack, but I got a little confused. Guess I need to read the tutorial again!
All in all, a very productive sew day!
Linking up today with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts as well as WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced. Pop on over and see what others are working away on this week!

J

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had a productive day! Hope your snow melts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Butt Baby Pants.
    Super Cute!!
    Springter? Not so much.
    Bleck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Butt Baby Pants.
    Super Cute!!
    Springter? Not so much.
    Bleck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you cope with all that snow, and for so long too. I'd be going crazy if I couldn't see the grass for months. Will the grass all be dead when the snow melts?

    I trust GT and BT are coming along well. They must be settling into some sort of routine if you've got time to sew - or maybe you've got a maid / nanny! ha ha, don't we all wish we had one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending warmer weather and sunshine your way! I've always wanted to make Union Jacks (felt a little un patriotic and all that). LOL and your fabric choices are grand!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting. A couple of posts earlier, I link to the tute I used for the circular quilting. If you get a chance, take a look. Well worth it for the easy way she shows it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Springter seems a bit too much like Winter for me. Hang in there! I hope a thaw is headed your way soon! You have been busy with lots of fun projects. I really love the fabric for BT's big butt baby pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Butt Baby Pants...I just love saying that. And yes the pirates are very cute. Spring has to come soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee I do feel for you - I'm in the Texas Hill Country and we are having the most spectacular spring right now. I won't share a picture because it would be rubbing it in, but suffice to say the green grass and wildflowers are literally breathtaking! Still, you are creating some beauty of your own, right in your studio. Love the big butt baby pants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that old man winter has been particularly cruel to all of you on the east coast this year. Hope he will soon give it up and allow the warm weather to return, melting all that snow and revealing new growth. Extra Love Sewn In looks fabulous with the variety of pink threads and those pirate pants must have been a fun project. So cute! Keep on sewing and spring will have to be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring has arrived out west but it will not last. We will be getting snow again soon I sure of it. Love the pirate pants for BT. The pink threads look great. Chin up and spring will spring soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I have your Polaroids fussy cut and ready to start sewing on the borders soon.
    Spring snow, eh? I wonder why hubby is not keen to return to Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html