Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Stash - But they were free...

Since my Fabricaholics Anonymous post, I've been evaluating my fabric purchasing. I know, I know, how many posts have you read about working from your stash, blah, blah, blah. But seriously people... I have enough fabric. I could probably quilt an addition on my house.

That said, here's a little fabric eye candy that made it's way into my stash last week. Some lovely Cotton & Steel - Dottie's Cousin Lime, Dottie's Cousin Mint, Hot Cross Buns Natural (all from Rashida Coleman-Hale's Mochi Line), and Study Hall from the Black & White Collection.  
I just love the messages on these pencils... "As ye rip so shall ye sew" ☺
And the selvages!
I know what you're thinking... how is this not adding to your stash? Well, I won it! Thanks to my January Finish in ALYOF, I won a 15$ gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop. And I showed remarkable restraint and only went a little over!

On-line fabric purchases since beginning Fabricaholics = 0$ (I ordered this well before I began FA)
Visits to LQS since last Sunday Stash Post = 0
Projects made entirely from materials on hand this week = 1 (Don't worry... you'll see it soon!)

Can you do it? Can you stop whenever you want to? I dare you...

15 comments:

  1. Ooooooo. Nice choices! I love when "free" fabric gets added to your stash guilt free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the dottie's cousin print - what a great basic and they have great colors. The selvage does match Molli's logo this week a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping is overrated.
    I say break down barriers and throw away your guilt...buy fabric, eat cake for breakfast, take a trip, tell people you love them, do whatever the hell it is that makes you happy...life can change forever in the blink of an eye.
    x0x

    (Oh...and I just might be needing some of that pencil fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them!! Free is always good and your restraint...amazing! Looking forward to seeing your latest project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'free' definitely is an outside influence on your stash and doesn't count as "adding to your stash" because it is mandatory obligation. I think I need some of those pencils :)
    Colleen https://piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of those new fabrics are very sweet... Especially the pencils. And you did so good to show restraint. It could not have been easy! Yes, we could all probably keep making for years with what's in our stash already. But does it work like that? Not for me. I just put in an order with Canadian National Fabric before my visit here today. So no. I can't stop. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pencil fabric! So unique! 7 days without falling off the wagon. Very impressive :) I on the other hand am planning a trip to Maine with fabric shopping in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky dog!! Looks like you spent your luck well. :) Love the pencil fabric and those selvages are pretty snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the pencils... (So much for being original, seems like everyone loves them). Congrats on your 7 days of restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of C+S in people's Sunday stashes this week! How have I never laid eyes on that neat study hall print though? So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing show of restraint! Free fabric is Always welcome, and kudos for finding such great cuts! Don't you love the selvedges - you'd think the fabric companies were reading our blogs and seeing all the selvedge projects we're doing!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it is free, it doesn't count. I went to the shop today to buy $23 worth of fabric. At the checkout, I found my customer loyalty card in the back of my purse, only to be told I had a $20 credit. Whoo hoo! Only $3 is almost free!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are entirely so scrumptious and I don't blame you for winning them! haha. Love it! I possibly have to get my hands on it... their new black and white collection is almost to go into color for! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have stopped. There is just so much fabric, I too am house addition bound. I have subscribed to Fridays Day off FQ club but I think I might cancel that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html