Wednesday, May 06, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Snappin' a few Polaroids!

A while back, Carla @ Granny Maud's Girl made some Polaroid blocks for a swap. It got me thinking about the blocks I had made for Global Scrap Bee. Hmm... those were fun. Hmmm... an I Spy quilt would be good for building DT's vocabulary. And that's where the trouble/fun began!
I made them using the tutorial from Capitola Quilter. You know, in case you can't resist them either!
 Sometimes I even had a little help...
 Apparently, GT likes thread. They make a satisfying noise when they spin on the rack!
I have the quilting/bloggy village to thank for a lot of the prints in these blocks. Jeannette @ Stamp Stitch Create has awesome fabric taste and colour sense. Boy, was I happy to dive into the bag of scraps she dropped off!

There were even some selvages in there!

Yvonne @ Quilting JetGirl was also kind enough to send me some goodies. Many were even pre-cut! I love those little chipmunks.

And if that wasn't cool enough, Lynn @ Buttons Quilts and I are swapping some blocks to give the quilt even more variety. We both pledged not to send any of the Ann Kelle animal prints we're so fond of. I may have gotten a little out of control... but they're not all for me!

I'm linking up today with
Sew Fresh Quilts

as well as WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.

And in other news....the Meet Maritime Modern Blog Hop continues today over at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts. I hope you'll hop over and meet our President, Adrienne!

And here's the rest of the shenanigans!
Thursday, May 7 - Tracy @ Quilting on the Dark Side
Friday, May 8 - Anja @ Anja Quilts
Saturday, May 9 - Val @ Purple Boots and Pigtails
Sunday, May 10 -  Linda @ Scrapmaster
Monday, May 11 - Jeanette @ Stamp Stitch Create
Tuesday, May 12 - Dominique @ The Running Thimble
Wednesday, May 13 - Aimee @ Candy Coated Quilts

J

16 comments:

  1. Getting out of control when quilting is fine. It means more blocks to assemble. And quilt. That's all perfectly fine with me! lol You and your friend will make gorgeous tops with these pretty little squares. Perfect for any child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Polaroid blocks look so cute! What fun fabric choices! Do you have plans for a layout?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are looking so cute, and I am more than happy to have been able to contribute a bit of fabric to the cause!! And thanks for the link to the blog hop; I was going to go look for it next but now I don't need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Great idea for a teaching tool for DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - I do love your polaroid blocks Jenn! the variety and fun in this quilt will keep DT happy and busy looking to see what they can find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! What a fun way to showcase fun prints! I'll have to remember this if I need any I spy quilts in my future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right...let DT get involved in the process. The blocks look great. Can't wait to see what they turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute polaroids! I can't wait to see how you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea - it's reminded me that I have some hidden in a box from a swap somewhere... must dig them out and make an I Spy quilt for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What size are the center blocks again? I am old, I forgot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great format for an eye spy quilt! I've been plotting one of those, too (what project HAVEN'T I been plotting, seriously?). Yours is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable fabrics - can't wait to see what you're doing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really must finish the pincushion and mail your polaroids, which have been sitting finished for a while! I am so slack!
    (GT has cardi just like one of mine, but I do not have a cute pudgy hand like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. I can't wait to swap with you! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't quilty friends the best? I love how we join forces for goals like more variety in an I-spy quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html