Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Stash - Kona-tastic!

At last week's Maritime Modern Quilt Guild Sew In, Aimee of Candy Coated Quilts dropped off the August and September editions of her Candy Coated Collections. All I can say is yum! 
Don't you just want to jump right into cutting them and make something amazing? These collections beg to be kept together! But I'm immune to begging... I'll be sorting them into my colour coded Kona cubbies (Say that five times fast!)
Because I'm a little ridiculous about my Konas, I save the labels. Once the fabric is washed and ironed, the labels go back on. A little planning on the front end saves me time when it comes time to work with the fabric.
One of the other great things about Candy Coated Collections is that for the entire month, the inspiration photos decorate my bulletin board!
I also found a lovely little squishy surprise in my mailbox from the lovely Lynn @ Button Quilts.
Inside I found Ballerina, Honeysuckle, and Scone - three of the Konas I was missing for my Kona colour swatch binder. Don't you wish you had a bloggy friend who sends you random wonderfulness? I'm a lucky, lucky woman. Thanks, Lynn!
I don't necessarily aspire to possess all #OMG303 colours of Kona, but one day, I will have made a project with all of them. Except maybe the browns. ☺ In any case, that's why I have my trusty list to track them.

I'm linking up with the fabulous Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash Here's hoping he's moved on from Liberty prints this week. Where are the solids, Molli? Where are the solids? Oh wait... I guess they're right here!

J

6 comments:

  1. The color groupings your received are lovely, but I really like getting to see the inspiration photos that created the bundles, too! And hooray for great blogging friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 303! That is a lot of Konas! Pretty looking solids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fabric name stickers!! I've been using a sharpie to write the name on the edge before washing. It a must with my gray's since they can be so similiar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to get my last tow Kona Club selections - they are really amazing every month!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html