What is this, you say? Julia @ Jada's Quilting Adventures and I have been cooking up a something for the new year - a club to exchange mini charms (2½ inch squares). Here's how it works. Each month, you'll package up 50 charm squares for each lucky Birthday Queen. When your birthday month rolls around, your mailbox will be filled with squishy fabric love. Interested?
If you are, here's the extended re-mix - read as... The Rules... broken down into manageable little bits.
- should be Canadian
- should be Facebook users (a Closed group has been set up so participants can communicate with each other)
- must commit to participating for the full year (January to December 2016)
- should keep a list of packages received during their birthday month (a list will be provided on the closed Facebook group)
- should be prepared to buy fabric if they do not have requested colour/style/motif in their stash
- should be prepared for the inherent risks of swapping ☺ (addiction, excessive trips to the post office, potential disappointments)
- will be capped at 35 for 2016
- Each Birthday Queen receives 50 mini charm (2½ inch) squares from the other participants
- Squares may be the same fabric or a variety (stash busting is encouraged!)
- Does not need to be pre-washed, but can be
- Should be quilt shop quality fabric
- May be for a particular colour (i.e. red), motif (i.e stripes), or style (i.e. low volume)
- May not be for a particular brand or designer
- May include one "Please no" (i.e. "Please no florals")
1st of the month - Birthday Queens post their requests
15th of the month - Deadline to mail fabric
20th of the month - Birthday Queens post the list of participants from whom they have not yet received fabric
Phew... that's a lot of explaining! Still interested? Then head on over to FaceBook and search for Birthday Bonus Club! Julia and I will add participants to the group on a first come-first served basis. Don't miss out on the fabric fun!
Update: For some reason, the group is behaving like a Private group, not a closed one. Please try following this link and let me know if it works! ☺ Birthday Bonus Club! on FaceBook