Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Flimsy Finish - Tula Tigers for T

As I've said before, when things are rough for people I love, I'm sometimes feel stuck. Words don't always help. And with a busy homelife of my own,  being there with a hot meal or a sweet treat isn't always possible. But you know what? I can quilt. There can be extra love sewn in.
And there's lots sewn into this flimsy made from FQ bundle of Tula Pink's Eden.

If you're wondering about these blocks, they're Crudité blocks from the book, Quilts du Jour. Each block comes in a 8 or 16 inch version and has a number of different ways it can be put together. So many options!
I'm never 100% sure about those tigers. Are they awesome? Are they too much? In any case, my inability to cut them up led to these 16 inch blocks! ☺
It's not a huge quilt - measuring roughly 48 by 64 - but it's big enough to curl up under. And to bring some smiles to someone special who needs them.
Once I get this flimsy all quilted up, there's a giveaway coming your way, courtesy of Fabric Please! Your very own bundle of Tula Pink's Eden! I'm hoping you won't have to wait too long.
And I've got a start on the back. There's naught but scraps left after piecing this panel and setting aside some strips for binding.
I'm linking up with TGIFF @ Dizzy Quilts, as well as with Finish Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts. Pop on over and see some fab Friday finishes!

J

P.S. Don't forget to come on back next Friday with your own finishes. I'm hosting TGIFF!

14 comments:

  1. I really like this! And the tigers really are awesome! A quilt, with lots of love and hugs sewn in, are the perfect gift to bring a smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have the tiger fabric from Tula too but it's to nice to cut.....your back will be just as stunning and that little number behind the back is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Good call cutting around the tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ni-i-i-i-ice! Love the unusual design (at least unusual to me - never seen anything like it) and the colours. I must be one of few people that is not a fan of Tula, but her colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift this will be. I really like that you were able to keep the cuts large. It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty in the snow! Your backing is off to a great start too! I hope to be back for a finish next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I had to buy a FQ bundle of Eden because of the name you know. The way you used these fabrics is so terrific Jenn. Definitely awesome and not too much! I hope it helps your dear one feel loved every time they snuggle under it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt! You're right it is the perfect size for curling up under. And the colors are beautiful and happy. Someone will be thrilled for the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you cut the tiger fabric, it looks like they are peeking around something to see you. I'm sure the recipient will love this quilt and feel the love in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with Dominique, not a big Tula fan, but her colours are great. Very cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely quilt - there's a sense of calmness that surrounds it. I adore the panel you have pieced for the back and can't wait to see the finished quilt. I know that the recipient of this quilt will feel all of the extra love you've put in it, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A quilt is sometimes the perfect item to give when words are not enough. I hope the love soaks right through the seams and warms the special person underneath from the inside out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you preserved those tiger faces. I love how you took very busy Tula fabric and calmed it down with the pattern and solid you chose. And I love that pieced strip for the back! I'm sure the person who needs a bit of TLC will feel your love when he or she curls up under this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors in this quilt and the way the tiger heads peak out from their blocks. I'm sure where ever this quilt goes it will be loved and give much love.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html