Friday, July 01, 2016

Friday Finish - Return of the Zissertwin!

Pillow, that is!
After finishing Daylily Daze for my parents, I really wanted to make a little thank you for the couple that created this lovely daylily, Zissertwin.
It's named for DT... another one of their aliases! The block features colours pulled from the Zissertwin daylily using Play Craft's Palette Builder 2.1. I added an asymmetrical border in foliage greens. 

For the quilting, I used a green thread and went for the classic wavy organic lines. I think it softens the hard lines of the 16 patch.
If only there were a few daylilies blooming to keep this pillow company. Alas, it's still a little early for blooms my part of the world. A couple more weeks to go!
 

This pillow's already made its way to its new home. I'm linking up today with TGIFF @ Celtic Thistle Stitches, as well as with Finish Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts.

J

P.S. This is one of my goals for Q2 of the 2016 Finish Along.

18 comments:

  1. This pillow is gorgeous! The quilting is perfect for it... graceful and organic!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pillow, I really love the wavy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zissertwin! I love the pillow, it coordinates so well with the quilt, even if they didn't go to the same home. :) The organic wavy lines goes perfect with this one, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I too love the wavy line quilting. I'm enjoying daylilies right now too and don't want them to end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I think you did the right choice with the quilting since you want the 16 patch to also be the main focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those foliage greens - I an see lots of possibilities against beautiful bright colours like your pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, you are really something! This pillow is gorgeous. If ever there was anyone meant to design, it's you! I'm sure it was greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect gift! I am sure they are going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours and wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! May the blooms be with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh that's so sweet!! I love how the quilting really does soften it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pillow is almost as pretty as the quilt. I'm certain they will love it. Really those colors cannot work better. My daylilies are finished, so I enjoyed seeing yours. They are just so beautiful. Imagine having daylily colors on the sofa in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love your interpretation of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pillow. Still hoping to buy Zissertwin if and when it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love the colours in that pillow, it's beautiful! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html