Thursday, February 16, 2017

TGIFF and Friday Finish - Cookin' up some fun!

Welcome to TGIFF at A Quarter Inch from the Edge! If you're new to my blog, I hope you'll cruise around and check out some of my past projects. Perhaps you're a Kona lover like me and want to take on the Kona Love challenge? 

In the non-bloggy world, I'm a Middle School French teacher, as well as a wife and mamma to growing boy-girl twins...currently in the terrible two toddler stage! They're known here as Double Trouble and today I'm sharing some projects I sewed for them for Christmas. Thank goodness Santa has a sewing elf in his workshop so he can bring presents to encourage pretend play and their burgeoning foodie-ness.
As much as I love a play kitchen, I didn't want a hunk of plastic taking up residence in my living room. After saving a pile of versions of slipcover kitchens on Pinterest, I winged it with my own dining room! chair. The "oven" door even opens! 
The back of the slipcover stove has pockets for storing kitchen gadgetry... or produce. I'm pretty sure there's a Melissa & Doug wooden lemon stuffed in there somewhere!
DT have played with it each and every day since Christmas! And when we need another dining room chair, the kitchen just slides off and folds up. GT loves frying up hotdogs or eggs for her guests!

Just when you thought BT couldn't get any cuter, he's sporting a sushi print apron and oven mitt. I used Peekaboo Pages' Toddler Apron and Toy Oven Mitt tutorial. Now I'm thinking they might need chef's hats!
I love that GT's apron and oven mitt are made from fabric I purchased in Montréal when I was pregnant, and also used for a number of wee bibs before they were born. And I've still got some!


Now it's your turn! Link up your finish from this week and click your way over to some of the other linked blogs. I can't wait to see your finishes!


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon!

J

23 comments:

  1. Oh that's adorable, what a fab idea and your little ones are darling. What a treat to see them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is super cute - including DT. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant solution and idea, and clearly it is a hit if it gets played with every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun idea! And your little people are adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my pants are your kids cute! And I've never ever seen a slip cover play kitchen before which is so clever. I found a pattern for a cardboard version but it was still large. Yours wins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh clever, I really like that idea. They look like they are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a slip cover kitchen before, but that is the coolest thing ever! DT is so cute in their little kitchen aprons and mits <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen anything like this before! How genius is that! A great solution for small spaces and the fact that it isn't plastic...
    Chef hats are a must! I love the fact that they play with it all the time...that oven door opening! There was never anything like this when my kids were little!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a GENIUS! I would not be at all surprised if Pottery Barn Kids or some other corporate giant saw your fabric kitchen idea and started mass-producing it for sale in their catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That slipcover play kitchen is genius!!!! This would have been so much better than the hunk of plastic that did sit in my living room when my teens were toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. GT and BT are adorable and seem to enjoy their time in the kitchen. Such a clever project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is ingenious!! I love it! They kids look very cute. Thank you for hosting this week.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's fantastic. What a great idea. I have never seen something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable little faces. Looking forward to another meal of eggs cooked by DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea - at that stage I didn't want a big plastic thing in my house either and living in NZ I couldn't find a wooden one. I wish I had thought of this!! Hours of fun to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such great idea! I love how you made a full kitchen and yet it can be rolled up for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing job at winging it!!! And being partial to sushi, LOVE the sushi apron/set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What adorable projects! Thank you for hosting the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cool! I need to find some kids to make one for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html