Wednesday, February 01, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Not quite a Thousand Triangles

Well, babies need quilts. Even DT knows that. So when I found that a dear Guiding friend/protegé was pregnant, there was no doubt that her wee one would have a special quilty. Even if her mama said I was too busy!
After I convinced her that I was making a quilt regardless and that this was her opportunity for input, she told me that the nursery was to be grey and mint. I suggested a touch of navy and a colour palette was born.
I'm pleased to say that I bought very little for this project, just a Cotton + Steel print with a green background and grey stars to tie the main colours together. I cut into some of my fav prints (Pearl Bracelets, C+S Netorious, Carolyn Friedlander Crosshatch, Domino Dot...). I just had to include that crab print. Mrs. M, when she was Miss C, worked in Himself's lab doing work with crab.
I thought about doing a complicated design.... thus new mamma is so very special to me. But the prints called for something scrappy with good sized pieces to show off those colours. A Thousand Triangles seemed to fit the bill. The pattern is even easier now that I have a Hex n' More ruler.

And it wasn't too long before this little lovely was all sewn up, quilted and ready to bind. I'll show you the finished product some day soon!

I'm linking up today with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts. It's a long time since I made it to that link-up. I hope the lovely Lorna hasn't forgotten me!

J

7 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme. I'm hoping to have a visit and a snuggle with new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of prints! I think the touch of navy was a great suggestion, and I look forward to seeing how the quilt came together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A restful palette for many sweet dreams. I love my hexnmore ruler too,so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's meeee...! Gorgeous color combination! The minty greens are my favorite, yet I never use mint! Luckily you have so I can get my mint fix! Can't wait to see it finished. I know it will be a beautiful addition to the nursery and mama will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html